"If you want to improve the world, start by making people feel safer’’ Stephen Porges
CC (Carolann) began her journey towards her life work back in the 1980s when she found herself struggling with her own demons. She initially trained as a massage therapist and worked for several years at a health farm in Surrey, UK. In the early 1990’s she became qualified as a reflexologist and alongside her job with British Airways, she ran a business from her home.
Therapy and the Science of Compassion
It was 2010 that her interest turned into a desire for a professional training and she embarked on a Bachelors degree in Person Centred Counselling at The Metanoia Institute in London. By this time it was her deep conviction that it is our innate nature to grow towards our true potential and heal from suffering, given the right environment. Carl Rogers‘ core conditions of acceptance, warmth and the genuine presence became the cornerstone of her work.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Trained Teacher Mindful Self-Compassion (Centre for MSC)
- Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- First Class Honours Degree, Person Centred Counselling (The Metanoia Institute, London)
- BSY Registered Meditation Teacher
- Certificate in Awareness of Bereavement Care
- Practitioner Certificate in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Combined Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theory
- Certificate of Completion in Core Process Psychotherapy (Foundation Course) - Karuna Institute
In recent years CC’s studies have centred around childhood developmental trauma, trauma recovery, interpersonal neurobiology, attachment, neuroscience and and the scientific research on compassion and empathy.