"Working with me as a therapist is ultimately about relating to yourself in a positive way."
My therapeutic approach has grown from a person-centred model, based on a therapeutic relationship focussed on compassion, acceptance and empathy. It took me many years to come around to seeing that these human traits really are fundamental to living and growing happily and peacefully in this ever challenging life.
I’d always had an interest in holistic thought, Buddhist philosophy and the mindbody reality, and in recent years neuroscience, attachment theory, mindfulness practise and a body based psychotherapy approach have dovetailed into my work.
I have been working in private practise from my home in Camberley, Surrey and will continue to be available for online work. In the coming years I will be spending more time in California and Vancouver Island. These places have always had a special calling for me - perhaps it’s what I’ve heard called the ‘westing’ drive - or perhaps it’s the mountains, the desert, the hugeness of nature, the light and the hope that I feel there to be part of the Earth’s recovery.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- First Class Honours Degree, Person Centred Counselling (The Metanoia Institute, London)
- BSY Registered Meditation Teacher
- Certificate in Awareness of Bereavement Care
- Practitioner Certificate in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Combined Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theory
- Certificate of Completion in Core Process Psychotherapy (Foundation Course) - Karuna Institute
I am regularly attending courses and workshops as part of my continuing professional development (CPD). In recent years my studies have centred around childhood developmental trauma, trauma and the development of the brain to name but a few.