CC worked in the airline industry for over 30 years in various roles including a training executive and course developer in the area of online security, crew resource and conflict management and aviation medicine.
During those years she studied Buddhist based psychotherapy, trained in Reflexology, NLP and Theta Healing. With a first class honours degree in 2014 from The Metanoia Institute and Middlesex University, London, UK, she is also a professionally qualified counsellor with over 10 years’ experience.
As a therapist she has worked in private practise as well as at Surrey and Berkshire schools, colleges and the Royal Holloway University in Egham, Surrey.
A Trained Teacher of Mindful Self-Compassion, CC also delivers courses to various communities on Vancouver Island. She is qualified to teach MSC online and to deliver the special adaptation of the programme designed for healthcare communities.
.......'He points out that the most common despair is to be in despair at no choosing, or willing, to be oneself;
but that the deepest form of despair is to choose 'to be another than himself'
Carl Rogers on Soren Kierkegaard
from On Becoming A Person (1961)
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- Trained Teacher Mindful Self-Compassion (Centre for MSC)
- Accredited Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- First Class Honours Degree, Person Centred Counselling (The Metanoia Institute, London)
- BSY Registered Meditation Teacher
- Certificate in Awareness of Bereavement Care
- Practitioner Certificate in Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
- Combined Certificate in Counselling Skills & Theory
- Certificate of Completion in Core Process Psychotherapy (Foundation Course) - Karuna Institute
In recent years CC’s studies have centred around childhood developmental trauma, trauma recovery, interpersonal neurobiology, attachment, neuroscience and and the scientific research on compassion and empathy.
'The essence of trauma,